“The bishop took the money and gave it to the poor. The soul of an unfortunate who thanks God for consolation is the best of altars.”
This is a short and simple quote, among many quotes I took from my reading of Les Miserables’ Part 1 (Fantine), which I finished reading last month. The message is straightforward, that to praise God is very simple; it does not need special occasion, event or certain time or place, just show our compassions to His other creatures, specially the needy ones, regardless of what or how they are. They are the best altar, or shrine, or whatever form you may call it. I would imagine God would say, “How would you praise Me if you could not praise my creatures?”
Weekend Quote is hosted by Half-Filled Attic. Feel free to join. You can:
- Give the context of the quote
- Give your opinion whether you agree or disagree with it
- Share your experience related to the quote
- Share similar quotes you remember
- Or anything else. Just have fun with the quote.